Since I’ve been back to Italy, the man has been spoiling me with delicious home-cooked meals. Tonight’s dinner was spettacolare and it would be a crime not to share it with you! So here it is.
Recipe (serves 4):
– Basil leaves 50g
– 2 cloves garlic (he went crazy and put 6)
– A pinch of coarse sea salt
– Grated Parmesan cheese, about 70g
– Grated Pecorino cheese, about 30g
– 1 tbs pine nuts
– Extra virgin olive oil, 100ml
An important tip is not to wash the basil leaves, instead to only clean them with a soft towel.
Blend all ingredients with half of the pine nuts until you have a smooth green paste. Add the other half of the nuts and don’t blend them too much so that you will get a chunky texture.
Add some chopped fresh tomatoes into the sauce and serve while hot. We had it with fresh trofie pasta from Liguria. Buonissimo~